Destin, Florida Insurance
Home, Life & Auto Insurance for Individuals and Families in Destin, FL
In its place along the panhandle and against the Gulf of Mexico, Destin, Florida is a gorgeous place to live. Being so close to the gulf brings about its own dangers for homeowners and drivers, however.
Niceville Insurance serves individuals and families throughout Destin, Florida with home, life and auto insurance policies. We will help you evaluate the risks you and your family face day to day and tailor a policy with the right protection for the right price.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in Destin, FL?
A basic home insurance policy in Destin, FL includes coverage such as:
- Dwelling Coverage: Dwelling coverage under home insurance covers the physical home and its attached structures in case of damage due to risks such as fire, wind, hail, lightning, smoke, explosions and falling objects.
- Personal Belongings Coverage: Personal belongings coverage provides compensation for your personal items if they are lost or damaged due to hazards like fire, wind, smoke, theft and vandalism.
- Personal General Liability: General liability under home insurance covers bodily injury and property damage someone else may suffer on your home’s property.
- Additional Living Expenses: Additional living expenses (ALE) cover costs related to temporarily moving after the home is rendered uninhabitable by a disaster.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover in Destin, FL?
A full coverage car insurance policy in Destin, FL may include:
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage provides compensation for damages to the vehicle caused by fire, wind, hail, lightning, smoke, theft, vandalism and other incidents not involving collision.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage provides compensation for damages to the vehicle caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability: Liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage you may cause someone else while operating the insured vehicle.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection (PIP) covers medical bills you and your passengers may face after an accident, no matter who is at fault.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This insurance covers damages related to an accident involving another driver who is not carrying insurance.
- Roadside Assistance: Roadside assistance covers expenses related to trip interruptions such as running out of gas or needing to be towed.
Find Destin, FL Insurance Today
No matter what coverage you need, we can help. Call Niceville Insurance at 850.729.2131 or fill out an online quote form to get started.
Common Destin, FL Insurance Questions
In some cases, you may be required to carry insurance in Destin, Florida. Even without the requirement, insurance for your home and vehicle are crucial when living so close to the Gulf and dealing with the unpredictable Florida weather.
Every home’s insurance needs are different. In general, it is recommended that you carry enough homeowners insurance to cover the total replacement cost value of the home.
In Florida, all drivers must carry at least:
- $10,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $20,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $10,000 property damage liability
When you purchase a life insurance policy, you generally pay monthly premiums. As long as the policy is active, benefits can be paid out to your beneficiaries if you pass away unexpectedly.