Homeowners Insurance Information
Request A Quote
Homeowners Insurance: Property Coverage for Niceville and Surrounding Florida Communities
Own a home? It is probably the most precious thing you’ll ever have. You don’t want to see anything happen to it. But you can’t make a property foolproof. Sometimes, accidents happen that could cause a lot of damage and put your security on the line. Let homeowners insurance step in to help you repair, replace and rebuild following these accidents.
Get Covered with Us
Homeowners insurance is critical personal asset protection. It will provide a lot of help and reassurance for you during very stressful situations. Our goal is to ensure you optimize that protection. By choosing Niceville Insurance Agency, you’ll get the support in making the right choices to get the best policies.
Our team can help clients research, compare and adjust policies to determine the perfect coverage fit for them. We understand that getting, optimizing and maintaining coverage might feel confusing. With our help and guidance, you’ll always feel content knowing that you will have coverage when you need it.
Our Homeowners Insurance Coverage Options Include:
Your property ownership status might differ from your neighbor’s. Because every homeowner is different, the precise type of policy each one needs will vary. We’ve got the full diversity of policies that can help you. Come to us for:
- Property Insurance
- Homeowners Liability
- Renters Insurance
- Condo Insurance
- Mobile Home Insurance
- Scheduled Property Insurance
- Landlords Insurance
- In-Home Business Insurance
The Benefits of Homeowners Insurance
Within your homeowners coverage, you’ll often find a lot of protection for many of your most-beloved belongings. Don’t hesitate to ask your agent about the following policy elements:
- Structure insurance: This coverage will help you pay for damage to the house itself. If things like fires, severe weather, theft or vandalism damage the home, structure coverage can pay for repairs or even a full rebuild. It can also cover detached buildings on the property.
- Possessions coverage: This coverage insures damage to belongings in the home, like furniture, clothing and electronics. It will help you cover the costs of repairs or new items.
- Homeowners liability insurance: If you cause negligent harm or damage to someone else, this coverage can help pay for their recovery. For example, it might help you pay the medical bills of someone injured in your home, or for the repairs to damage you do to a neighbor’s property.
- Living expenses protection: A damaging incident might force you to move out of the home for a time. This coverage can help pay hotel, dining and related bills until you can move back in.
- Pet liability insurance: If your pet does harm to someone else, this coverage might help you compensate the other party for their losses.
- High-value items riders: If you have particularly expensive belongings, like art, jewelry or furs, you can usually buy coverage extensions that directly insure that item and its value.
- Umbrella liability insurance: Umbrella protection extends additional liability insurance to your standard policy. It might cover liability costs that exceed your standard homeowners policy limits. It can also cover additional risks not insured by your regular policy at all.
When should I buy homeowners insurance?
Some people think homeowners insurance is optional. In most cases, it is not.
- Do I have to get homeowners insurance? In many cases, yes. If you plan to take out a mortgage on the home, your lender will likely require you to get coverage for as long as you have the loan.
- What happens if you don't have homeowners insurance? Many lenders will refuse to carry your loan if you do not present proof of home insurance. More importantly, perhaps, without coverage, you will leave yourself open to financial losses should a problem occur in the home. No one wants to bear that cost alone.
- What information do I need to provide to get a home insurance quote? We’ll need some information, like your name and new address, to help you start the policy quote. Talk to one of our agents to determine the exact information you need to provide.
- How long does it take to get a home insurance binder? We pride ourselves on offering quick services for clients. Give us a call, and we can get right to work on helping you set up coverage.
Take our word for it. Getting coverage will prove beneficial for anyone who cares about their home’s safety and future. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a requirement for coverage, you need it anyway.
Does home insurance cover hurricane damage?
Hurricanes bring a lot of damaging weather phenomena, but the good news is that your homeowners insurance can likely help you out.
- Wind insurance: Florida law requires that most home policies offer coverage for interior and exterior damage caused by hurricane winds. As long as the National Hurricane Center declares the storm an official hurricane, policies must cover the damage (subject to deductibles).
- Flood insurance: Most standard homeowners policies do not cover water damage from weather-related flooding. To get such protection, you’ll likely need flood insurance, which is an entirely separate policy. Most flood policies are provided and regulated by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), a government-supported marketplace. Some homeowners have a requirement to carry this coverage.
Why Homeowners Insurance
Accidents can happen at any time. Having the right insurance can protect your home and everything in it, as well as keep your property covered from damages and accidents.
While standard Home Insurance can cover anything from fire and weather damage to injuries and theft, not all damages and accidents may be insured under a standard policy. That’s why it’s important to talk to an insurance specialist at Niceville Insurance Agency about specific coverage options that are applicable to your individual needs.
Don’t go another day without proper homeowners insurance. Keep your life and belongings protected with the right policy from Niceville Insurance Agency. We proudly serve communities throughout the panhandle, including in Niceville, Crestview, Ft. Walton Beach, Destin, Santa Rosa Beach, Freeport and more.